7. Design the basic interface circuit (using an op amp) for a temperature sensor that covers a range of 0° to 70°C if the output of the sensor is 2 mV/1°C and the ADC voltage range is 0 to 4 V.
8. Design an amplifier suitable for converting the output voltage from an LM35 temperature sensor (10 mV/°C) into a signal that makes use of the full input voltage range (0-5V) of the HCS12 ADC port pins. Assume the LM35 is to measure temperatures from 0°C up to +150°C. Show work and circuit!
9. Given a sensor with W that outputs voltage in the range +1.25V to +4.25V. Show the complete interface circuitry needed to connect it to the A/D unit built-in to the HC12 Controller.
10. Write the lines of C code needed to configure the A/D converter, start the conversion, and output a hex integer in the range 0x0000 to 0xFFFF to the variable called data1 that is proportional to airflow input (0.0 to 1.0 litre/min). No further conversion is required
ECET 340 Week 4 HomeWork 4
Determine the conversion time for an ADC0804 (8-bit), where 66 clocks per bit are required, if its clock frequency is 50 kHz.
2. If an 8-bit SAR has Vref = 10 V, what is the binary value for an input voltage of 7.28 V?
3. What is the percent error for the binary answer found in Problem #2?
4. Given an 24 MHz bus speed. Write down the line(s) of instruction which set the ATD1 unit for 2MHz…
Pc, to a telephone. I shall run through the process, using Alice (digital Device owner) and Bob (telephone) to describe the process.
Before we can begin the call, the pc requires both a microphone and headset/speakers to be able to run any call, and a pc with a fast enough connection to the internet. In this instance, the call will be running as a two way communication known as duplex, which allows the transmission and receiving of information from two connected parties. This means that both…
4.1.2 Pipelined ADC
The pipelined ADC is one of the most popular ADC architecture. The pipelined ADC architecture is similar to the sub-ranging ADC. The architecture of pipelined ADC is implemented by at least two or more low resolution flash ADCs. The pipelined ADC works from few M samples to more than hundred of M samples with resolution from 8 bit to 16 bits. Due to its high resolution and sampling rate range it is widely used in medical and communication applications like as CCD imaging,…
A core competence is an activity that a company performs proficiently and it’s central to its strategy and competitive which plays a key role in the company’s market success and profitability (Thompson, Peteraf, Gamble, & Strickland III, 2016). Texas Instrument has re-shaped its business through strategy move over several years to put Analog and Embedded processing at its core. Virtually every electronic gadget today contains analog and embedded processor to make it work. Analog chips are…
Frequency modulation is used in a wide variety or radio communications applications from broadcasting to two way radio communications links as well as mobile radio communications.
Pulse Code Modulation
Mr Alec Reeves introduced Pulse Code Modulation in the year 1937. In this, analog signal is reconstructed to digital signal for ease of transmission by using the analog signal samples.
Pulse code modulation (PCM) is a digital representation of an analog signal that takes samples of the amplitude…
The CT scanner Depends upon several steps:-
1-The x-ray tube and detector transverse (scan)
2-The radiation beam passes through the object and is attenuated. The intensity of radiation beam from x- ray tube and transmitted beam both are detected by suitable detectors.
3-The transmitted beam and the references beam are both converted into electric signals.
4-These output current signals are then converted
into digital form by analog –to-digital converter.
5-The digital data are…
open-source software, and microcontroller-based kits for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control physical devices”.
An example for Arduino devices can be shown in figure (2.8).
Fig. (2.8) Arduino Uno board 
SKU: SEN0161 analog pH sensor is smart device that designed especially for Arduino controllers such as (Uno, Mega, etc.) .
Figure (2.9) shows a picture for this sensor.
Fig. (2.9) pH meter kit (SKU: SEN0161) 
The operating voltage…
technology for them is headed. One of the most common questions that are asked is, what is a modem? Well modem is an acronym for (modulator-demodulator) which essentially means that its primary job is to encode and decode binary signals to allow computers or essentially any end systems to access the Internet. Originally, phone lines were used to carry analog information and a converter was needed to decode these signals, therefore the modem was born. Initially, modems were used as a way for…
waveform and tone, like noise, the engine idling.
2. Specify the first 5 harmonics of a period sound with a fundamental at 200 Hz. (1 point)
Answer: the first harmonic is 200 Hz. The second harmonic is 400 Hz. The third harmonic is 600 Hz, the fourth harmonic is 800 Hz, and the fifth harmonic is 1000 Hz.
3. In terms of digital audio, explain what the sample rate relates to and what parameter of sound it affects. In other words, what does the sample rate define? Be specific. (2 points)…
sampling rate increased the frequency that was displayed. Although the data was unable to provide a figure of both the correct sine wave geometry and frequency, it still proved the Nyquist-Shannon theorem that sampling should be done at least 2x the highest frequency. Since the frequency for the sine wave was known to be 1000Hz, the theorem explains why the frequency was correct when measured at 2000Hz and higher. The data also showed the importance of having the right equipment. If the highest…