Principles of Youth Ministry Essay
“PRINCIPLES OF STUDENT MINISTRY"
NAME: Travis Crew YOUT 201 – D03
Type in your answers and submit through Blackboard. You will be graded according to the content and sufficiency of your answers. Please pay attention to your syntax and spelling. You are expected to completely read the “Principles” workbook. You must fill out the integrity statement which is at the conclusion of this review.
1. In at least five sentences, describe the correlation between Nehemiah's situation and today's youth culture: They were living in a Nation that had been attacked; it was without a defense against the enemy. They would be vulnerable to more attacks if no action was taken. God had placed …show more content…
5. Out of the overall purpose of youth ministry, what are the two main aspects of the youth pastor (including the Scriptural reference with each)? (p. 11-13) 1) Equipping of the saints (Eph 4:12)
2) Work of the ministry (Eph 4:12)
6. Fill in the blanks to this quote (p.13). “His (the youth pastor) philosophy must be centered around what he can be doing to present the gospel to as many students as possible and developing them into fully devoted lifetime followers of Jesus Christ.
7. Looking at the mission statement, what are Jesus Christ’s five requirements of discipleship and corresponding Scriptures? (p. 15-17) a. Desire Christ above all others (luke14:26) b. Deny yourself (Luke 14:27, 33) c. Dwell in the world (John 8:31) d. Devoted to one another (John 13:34 e. Demonstrate fruit (John 15:8)
8. Looking at the vision statement, what are five healthy signs of the ministry? (p.17-20) a. Worship (John 4:23) b. Welcome (Matthew 18:5) c. Witness (Acts 1:8) d. Work (Ephesians 4:12) e. Word (Colossians 3:16)
9. As you read through page 21, are