MSIS301 3rd exam Essay
a. management can dictate achievement of a certain rate of learning.
b. learning curves were first quantified by Frank & Lillian Gilbreth.
c. using the “doubling” model, a learning curve of 70% means the 20th unit takes 70% of the time that the 10th unit will take.
d. learning curves are a recognition of the concept that the cost of each produced unit usually decreases with experience.
2. Which of the following is an assumption of learning curves?
a. the cumulative time of production increases as production increases.
b. time reduction per unit increases as cumulative production increases.
c. the same learning curve should be used when a company …show more content…
d. use subcontracting to overcome short-term capacity shortages.
11. Daily demand for a particular product’s sub-assembly is 30 units and its lead time is one (1) hour. The number of authorized compartments for its kanban tray is four (4). Safety stock for this subassembly has been set at five (5) units. The authorized number of trays for this item will be:
12. Which of the following statements regarding the economic order quantity ( EOQ ) is true?
a. if materials handling costs were to drop, the inventory carry cost per unit of an item would decrease and the EOQ would also decrease.
b. the EOQ model assumes a variable demand pattern.
c. the EOQ model combines several different item orders to the same supplier.
d. if an order quantity is larger than the EOQ, the annual holding (carry) cost for inventory exceeds the annual ordering cost.
13. In the basic EOQ model, if lead time increases from 3 to 6 days, the EOQ will:
a. double. b. increase, but not double. c. remain the same. d. decrease by a factor of ‘2’.
14. Consider a piecemeal replenishment situation where the production rate is
100 units per day, the demand (consumption) rate is 4 units per day, and the economic production lot size is