Ch. 8 Kotler Marketing Management Essay
GENERAL CONCEPT QUESTIONS
1. In ________ marketing, the seller engages in the mass production, mass distribution, and mass promotion of one product for all buyers. a. group b. mass c. general d. segmented e. differentiated
Answer: b Page: 226 Difficulty: Medium AACSB: Analytic Skills
2. The argument for ________ marketing is that it creates the largest potential market, which leads to the lowest costs, which in turn can lead to lower prices or higher margins.
Answer: e Page: 226 Difficulty: Medium AACSB: Reflective Thinking
3. A ________ consists of a group of …show more content…
Answer: a Page: 233 Difficulty: Hard AACSB: Reflective Thinking
12. Regardless of the type of segmentation scheme used, the key is adjusting the marketing program to recognize ________. a. the level of disposable income earned by the target group b. customer differences c. the cost–benefit relationship of narrowing the target market d. customer similarities e. saturated markets
Answer: b Page: 233 Difficulty: Easy
13. If a marketer decides to segment a market based on neighborhoods, the marketer will have chosen the ________ method of segmentation. a. demographic b. psychographic c. geographic d. cultural e. social class
Answer: c Page: 233 Difficulty: Easy AACSB: Analytic Skills
14. When segmenting on the basis of family life cycle, all of the following are segment categories EXCEPT ________. a. young, single b. male, female c. young, married d. older, married, no children under 18 e. young, married, youngest child 6 or over
Answer: b Page: 236 Difficulty: Medium AACSB: Analytic Skills
15. If a marketing manager segments the market into culture-oriented, sports-oriented, or outdoor-oriented groups, he or she is segmenting on the basis of ________. a. personality b. behavioral occasions c. user status d.