Essay on 200 Things to Know to Pass the Chemistry Exam
2. Neutrons have no charge and a mass of 1 amu.
3. Electrons are small and are negatively charged (-) with a mass of almost 0 amu..
4. Protons & neutrons are in an atom’s nucleus (nucleons). Which has the greatest number of nucleons?
Sn-119 Sb-122 Te-128 I-127
5. Electrons are found in “clouds” (orbitals) around an atom’s nucleus. Where is most of the mass of an atom found? Where is most of the size (volume) of an atom found?
6. The mass number is equal to an atom’s number of protons and neutrons added together. What is the …show more content…
24. Solutions are the best examples of homogeneous mixtures. They have two sets of properties.
25. Heterogeneous mixtures have discernable components and are not uniform throughout.
Air is classified chemically as a(n)
Substance compound element mixture
26. A solute is the substance being dissolved; the solvent is the substance that dissolves the solute. NaCl (s) is added to water. The solute is ….. the solvent is …… the solution is ……..
27. Isotopes are written in a number of ways: C-14 is also Carbon-14, and is also 14C 6 atomic number = …….. mass number = ……..
28. The average atomic mass is the weighted average mass of all the known isotopes of an element. Find the average atomic mass of lithium if 7.4 % are 6Li and 92.6% are 7Li.
29. The distribution of electrons in an atom is its electron configuration.
30. Electron configurations are written in the bottom center of an element’s box on the periodic table in your reference tables. The outermost electrons are the valence electrons. 2 = # of electrons in ……….. 8 = # of electrons in ……… 3= # of electrons in ……….
31. Use the mole map to help you solve