Essay on WK 8 Assignment 2
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, architecture, history, music, or literature. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic.
For the topic you choose:
1. Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, …show more content…
3. Fully describe at least two (2) primary themes you see in the poetry written during this time period, referring to specific lines in each of the poems.
4. Write your own poem that expresses these identified themes of the Harlem Renaissance.
4. Women’s Roles Then & Now. Script. Script a conversation between two (2) notable women from the 18th and / or 19th century on the roles women should play in society. Within the dialogue, include:
1. Biographical information for each woman.
2. The historical status for women in general during the time period in which each woman lived.
3. What opinions each of the women might have on the role the women should play in society during their lifetimes.
4. What each of the women might think about women’s current roles.
5. Other topic choice recommended and approved by the professor and supported by the grading rubric.
The Project Paper will be graded on:
6. The level to which the instructions were followed.
7. The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
8. The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
9. The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
10. Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
11. The inclusion of three (3) required