In today’s world, having just hit counters is not enough as Web sites have become more advanced. Because hit counters aren’t aren’t much helpful today, web analytics split into two types of tools: page tags and log files. Both these tools help in identifying detailed information about visitors regarding …show more content…
DoX. 2. Improve on y. 3. Reduce z to customers can actually buy.
Goal Another goal for improving Apple’s marketing effectiveness might be to
Web analytics 3
1. Identify issues in A. 2. figure out how to do B. 3. Experiment with c.
Goal Figure out missing sales 1. Analyze the problem. 2. Discuss what might have been wrong. 3. Suggest ways to keep alert.
Even though a Web site has an ultimate goal as seen above, the process of accomplishing that goal can be achieved by breaking down that goal into several steps known as events or micro conversions. For instance, if the ultimate goal of an Airline Web site is for visitors to book a flight with their credit card, the events will go as follow:
1. Event: Open google and search for available flights in your area. 2. Event: Check dates, times and prices. 3. Event: Select a flight. 4. Event: Proceed to checkout.
5. Event: Enter personal and payment details and confirm booking. Another example would be if you wanted to proceed and book a hotel. The following steps would be the events for that
1. Event: Open google and search for available hotels nearby. 2. Event: Check dates, times and prices. 3. Event: Select hotel and checkout. 4. Event: Confirm by entering your personal and payment …show more content…
1. Create ads through Google adsense or if you are familiar with another. 2. Create the right keywords in order for someone who was looking to blog or see an example of it, be able to see your ad right when he or she searches for the term or one similar. 3. Place those ads on all your social network sites.
Key performance indicators also known as KPIs are indicators that shows one whether he or she is achieving the goals set forth. These are points that can be optimized to ensure that your ultimate goal is being reached. KPI also can be used to analyse and give clues as to what factors you need to work on in order for your goal to be met. Do note that Events and KPIs are definitely not the same. Events, as already learned are steps taken toward a goal while KPIs are indicators that the Web site’s goals are being met correctly. A few examples of KPIs can be found below. KPIs for a shopping site like Target would be:
1. Conversion rate. 2. Cost per visitor. 3. Average order value.
For a news site like BBC online: 1. Length of visit. 2. Average time spent on the Website. 3. Percentage of returning visitors to the site.
For a social media site like Youtube: 1. Length of