Agreeing The Purpose, Content, Layout, Quality Standards And Deadlines For The Production Of Documents
When we produce a document we need to ensure it is fit for purpose and delivered on time. For example if my hotel manager asks me to produce a poster to advertise that in 2 weeks we will host a karaoke night, I would bear in mind the following for the production of the document:
- The target audience is mainly our hotel guests but we can accept some visitors.
- Understand whether it is a free event or a ticket must be purchased, if you whether it should be in advanced or at the door.
- The purpose is to have the maximum number of clients attending this added value hotel activity and enjoy it so much that …show more content…
- Ensure the message and wording engages with our guests’ age group.
- The size of poster must be at least A3 format to ensure it is clearly visible.
- Format of poster has to be colourful and happy; a music theme would be suitable.
- Make sure the document meets company standards and includes logo of hotel.
- Information will be clear, readable and accurate.
- Get my hotel manager to review the document and suggest any changes before start printing process.
- Decide on number of copies required and order print material 10 days before the event.
- Ensure the posters are displayed at least 7 days before the event.
- Place the posters in visible places around the hotel to ensure they reach all our guests.
a)Describe the type of information in finished documents that you would check for accuracy and correctness
In my poster example for the Karaoke night at the hotel I would start by checking spelling, grammar and punctuation to make sure the message is understandable. Especially because I am a non-native English speaker and this area will be predisposed to …show more content…
My notes had clear information about the purpose of the poster and the deadlines, but I will have to clarify a few things before having the full details required to produce the Karaoke poster. For example, I do not know the specific room that will be used, the name of the entertainer and the details of the tickets.
Once I have the outstanding information confirmed I will use PowerPoint to design my document, as I find PowerPoint more versatile for creating this type of document than Word. I will enter the text in the computer using the keyboard and include in the layout pictures and a music theme to produce an attractive A3 poster. While I am creating the poster I will refer back to the hotel manager if I need to clarify any requirements about the text or its format.
I will check the poster is accurate and correct, and send it for review to my manager. I will do any required changes to it. Then, I will save the final copy of the poster in the hotel shared drive and make sure my notes are safely and securely stored in the office