Advantages And Disadvantages Of Recruitment
Internal recruitment is economical as it is less costly than using outside agencies.
2. The present employees already know the company well and likely to develop a loyalty for same.
3. It tends to encourage existing employees to put in greater efforts and to acquire additional qualifications. This means there is motivation to employees.
4. It provides security and continuity of employment.
5. Internal recruitment helps to raise the morale of employees and develops cordial relations at the managerial levels.
EXTERNAL SOURCES/METHODS OF MANAGERIAL …show more content…
This may be with a view to introducing ‘new blood’ in the organisation. External sources are used as supplementary sources of recruitment. External sources/methods of managerial recruitment are as explained below:
1) Campus Recruitment/Selection: The growth of Management institutes, IITs and Regional and other Engineering Colleges has provided a popular source of recruitment known as Campus Recruitment/Selection. Private sector is able to attract many aspirants from engineering colleges. It is an excellent source of recruitment/selection management trainees.
2) Press Advertisement: Press advertisement is very widely used for recruitment of all categories of personnel particularly for the appointment of middle level managers. Though quite costly, it provides wide choice as it attracts a large number of suitable candidates from all over the country.
3) Recruitment through Management Consultants and Private Employment Exchange: Management consultants (e.g. A. F. Ferguson Associates) make necessary arrangements and select the suitable staff required by a business unit. For this, they give advertisement, conduct tests and also arrange interviews, etc. Similar service provide by private employment exchanges that keep details of candidates interested in jobs and provide services to employers. This source is mainly useful for the selection of top level executives.