The Four Seasons Essay example
Rawlinson, J. (2006). Fletcher and the Falling Leaves. New York: Greenwillow Books.
Curriculum Area: Science
Student Age: 7-8
Group Size: 16-20 Common Core Standard:
• Have opportunities to work with a team, share findings with others, and recognize that all team members should reach their own conclusions about what the findings mean.
• Describe the natural features in their immediate outdoor environment, and compare the features with those of another region in Maryland.
• The student will identify meaningful, answerable scientific questions.
Common Core Standards:
• Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
• Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in particular sentences.
Kid Friendly Objectives:
Students will be able to:
• Work with others and share my findings with the other classmates.
• Look outside and find items that can be linked to fall in Maryland and other regions.
• Classify features of fall.
• Answer scientific questions.
• Describe characters from Fletcher and The Falling Leaves.
• Able to explain what of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs are.
Rationale: This lesson allows students to incorporate their prior knowledge or experiences with new concepts taught. This…