Major Types Of Advertising As A Form Of Marketing Communication
Major types of Advertising Media:
1. Newspapers: Newspaper advertising has been around longer as compared to any other form of advertising. They are a good way to reach a large amount of people, especially those people aged 45 years and above. An average issue of a daily newspaper reaches more audience as compared to average hour of prime time television.
• It offers geographic selection …show more content…
• It requires long term advertiser commitments
• Magazines have a slow audience build up
• They have a limited demonstration capabilities.
• Magazines cannot portray urgency
• Magazines have a longer lead time.
Radio is ancient but unique form of advertising. It’s a growing and a pervasive medium. Radio reaches its audience when a person wakes up, goes jogging, or commutes to and fro for jobs and while going to bed.
• It’s less costly
• It immediately reaches its audience
• It can be scheduled even with a short notice
• The target audience doesn’t change with audience
• Its highly portable
• Radio has short term advertiser commitments
• Doesn’t have a visual aspect
• Radio has short advertising life of the message
• High frequency is required to generate comprehension and retention
• Background noise can cause distractions
• It creates commercial clutter.