Intervention Strategies : Target The Receptive And Expressive Areas Of Communication
1. Provide the student with verbal information to increase his comprehension.
2. Use age-appropriate educational videos, so the student can hear short stories and verbally recall the sequence of events.
3. Listen to correct responses from the therapist or from the educational videos.
4. Structured and simplified tasks will be used to reduce frustration.
5. Minimal written tasks will be given depending on the student’s readiness. The intervention strategies that will be targeted in the beginning of treatment will focus on increasing the student’s skills in learning word definitions, understanding semantic relationships, understanding spoken paragraphs, recalling sentences, and formulating sentences. The objectives for the therapy intervention are as followed:
Long-Term Goal #1: The student will increase receptive language skills to a functional and age-appropriate level across a variety of…