Business and Administration Unit 1 Essay
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Julie Tomey
Section 1 – Know the …show more content…
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
❖ Employer’s responsibilities are to ensure that the health and safety and the welfare of their employees and other people, by providing a safe and secure place to work. ❖ Employee’s responsibilities are to keep themselves and others safe and free from any harm and to co-operate with their employer and other in meeting their request.
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
The purpose of following the health, safety and security procedures is clarify who is responsible for doing what within the company and that they have a structure that ensures a safe, secure and healthy business to work within.
The prime role is to protect the employees and to ensure that any visitors, customers and members of the public are not put at risk by anything the business produces, sells, hires out or builds, If they follow the procedures and protect the employees and others from accidents and ill health caused by work, they protect the company from costs associated with accidents and ill health. Then they will