Essay on Advertising As A Form Of Marketing Communication
Major types of Advertising Media:
1. Newspapers: Newspaper advertising has been around longer as compared to any other form of advertising. They are a good way to reach a large amount of people, especially those people aged 45 years and above. An average issue of a daily newspaper reaches more audience as compared to average hour of prime time television.
• It offers geographic selection and flexibility
• The advertiser is not bounded by long term commitments and can have short term contracts with the newspaper.
• Newspapers have year round readership
• It has high individual market coverage
• Newspaper has co-op and local tie in availability
• It has a very short lead time.
• With newspaper advertising, you can schedule an advertising campaign along with your selling cycle.
• Demographic selection is not high.
• Limited color capabilities
• It has low pass along rate
• It may be expensive.
2. Magazines: Magazine advertising refers to placing ads in publications. It’s one of the most powerful marketing tools available and if done properly can increase sales…