Unit 16 Human Resource Development Case Study
Human Resource Development (HRD) is the underlying structure that helps employees grows as a person as well as improves their work skills, knowledge, and abilities. The components of human resource development are employee career development, employee training, coaching, and performance management and development. If a firm wants to be dynamic and growing, it has to focus on the development of human resources. In comparison to other resources, human resources have infinite potentialities. One can tap this potential only by building an environment that identifies, encourages, rears, and employing people. The goal of the HRD system is to develop such an environment. Several HRD methods have …show more content…
Training is also necessary for the individual development and progress of the employee, which motivates him to work for a certain organization apart from just money. We also require training update employees of the market trends, the change in the employment policies and other things.
The following are the two major factors that contribute to the increased need to training and development in organizations:
1. Change: The word change incorporates almost everything. It is one of the main factors that contribute to the necessity of training and development. In fact, there is direct relationship between the two. Change leads to the need for training and development and training and development leads to organizational and individual change, and the cycle goes on and on. More specifically it is the technology that is driving the need; changing the way how businesses function, compete and …show more content…
This means that to managements aware that problem exists and has decided to seek help in solving it.
• Applied behavioral science: OD process state its activities by applying behavioral science principles without applying so that people cannot be made fit for implementing the program.
• Implement performances: Through the OD process improved relations, effective commutation, and enhanced ability to copy of all kinds, more effective decisions etc. are possible. It indicates improvement of performance of all sides.
• Organization self-renewal: OD program helps self-renewals also. People become conscious about their responsibilities in future for the organization and society. It minimizes suspension and control steps.
• Increased motivation: OD programs increase motivation of employees. Motivation of employees can ensure high productivity and sensibility. On the other hand, demotivated employees destroy the good deeds even.
• High morale and satisfaction: If reasonable OD programs are undertaken, morale and satisfaction of employees may be increased, that can result good