Teenage Pregnancy Essay
Is it the new trend for teenager to have sex and get pregnant? What is the point? There are so many things we as teenagers have to gain during our teenage life especially our maturity. So how can we do that and also take responsibility for another child? Teenage pregnancy is complicated by our conflicting attitudes and behaviors. Yet we are shocked at the increasing numbers of teens who are sexually active. As we all know, teenage pregnancy is on the rampage in St. Kitts and we are all wondering what may be the cause of it. In my presentation, I will first outline what is teenage pregnancy, depict the causes of teenage pregnancy, and also state some risk factors of teenage pregnancy and also state some recommendations on …show more content…
• 50% of adolescents who have a baby become pregnant again within two years of the baby’s birth.
• Only 41% of teenage mothers complete high school, making it less likely for teen mothers to have the skills necessary to qualify for a well-paying job.
• Teen fathers are very reluctant to support their child so all the strain is left on the mother.
• Children born to teen mothers are more likely to have low birth weight and related problems such as infant death, blindness, and mental retardation.
• Children of teen parents often receive inadequate parenting, are subject to abuse and neglect, and often have insufficient health care.
• Children of teen parents are 50% more likely to repeat a grade, perform poorly on tests and final exams, and ultimately less likely to complete high school.
• Babies born to teenagers are at greater risk for neglect and abuse than those of a woman. Teenage mothers may feel like they are being demanded to do the job and they may take their frustration out on the child. Teen pregnancy, in my opinion, is awful. I feel that young women should not be