Essay on Tata Motors International Acquisition Strategy
ACAD GROUP 27 - good effort, stock trend could be simpler and thus effective- 19.6
Bhawna Jain PGP-09-110
Chetan Mehta PGP-09-111
Ranjan Singh PGP-09-154
Shounak Parida PGP-09-163
Vimina Bt PGP-09-177
Visram R PGP-09-179
TATA Motors is the flagship company of the TATA group & is India's largest automobile player with consolidated revenues of USD 14 billion in 2008-09. It is the leader in commercial vehicles in each segment, and among the top three in passenger vehicles with winning products in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle segments. TATA Motors was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2004.
Established in 1945; over 4 million Tata vehicles ply on Indian roads, since …show more content…
• Tata’s entry into fully built buses of world class quality and for global markets (twin benefits)
• Partnership provides both companies with opportunity to use their complementary strengths to create high-class transport solutions for intra-city and intercity mass transportation.
• Its new strategy is founded on the triangle of the Hispano technology platform, the company’s alliances and new products. This triangle is pivotal to the company’s present and its future.
• Hispano’s engineering team works together with The Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) for R&D and product development.
• Hispano Carrocera S.A. is one of the largest bus and coach bodybuilder in Europe and North Africa, brand Tata gets a foothold and increases brand recognition and value.
Better off test Best Alternative tests Good Parent test
Competive advantage: Mitigation of 5 forces-By acquiring one of the competitors in global markets and having technology that helps it compete better in domestic markets With Tata motors looking for establishing foothold in N American & European