This made the cookware more resistant to breakage when dropped. As well, borosilicate glass bake ware was fewer vulnerable to thermal …show more content…
PROCESS OF MANUFACTRING
Figure 1.4: this diagram shows the production for Pyrex
This diagram explain the process of production of the Pyrex from the beginning to the end. First, it shows all the chemicals component and the materials were used. It shows how it will be mixed and melted in the tank. It also shows the manufacturing process and how it will be shipped directly to the warehouses or the suppliers so it can be reachable for the consumers. This diagram shows and explain the whole process of making and manufacturing the Pyrex clearly and in an easy way.
Following precaution must be considered while using Pyrex cookware:
• Avoiding sudden temperature change.
• Oven must be preheated.
• The Pyrex shouldn’t be in the freezer then putting it in the oven.
• Temperature should not be more than 450.
• Do not use any kind of cover, which is not a part of Pyrex cookware.
• Avoid knocking the cookware against any hard object.
• Carefully handle the cookware because sometimes when it is hot, people try to garb it resulting in the burning of hand as well as breaking of …show more content…
• “Pyrex.” How Products Are Made, www.madehow.com/Volume-7/Pyrex.html
• Anderson, James. “Exploding Pyrex Cookware Mystery Solved.” TechFragments, 13 Sept. 2012, techfragments.com/exploding-pyrex-cookware/.
• Timmermann, Mike. “Pyrex glass dish explodes in Clark Howard’s kitchen.” Clark Howard, Clark Howard, 4 May 2017, clark.com/family-lifestyle/pyrex-dish-explodes-clark-howard-kitchen/.
• Aleccia, JoNel. “Kitchen calamity: Reports of shattering cookware on the rise.” TODAY.com, TODAY, 21 Dec. 2012, www.today.com/health/kitchen-calamity-reports-shattering-cookware-rise-1C7700507.
• A fracture criterion of rubber-Like materials under plane stress conditions. Polymer Testing, Elsevier, 18 Sept. 2006, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142941806001115.
• “MaterialFracture: Background.” Stress versus Strain, www.etomica.org/app/modules/sites/MaterialFracture/Background1.html.
• “Why Pyrex Bowls "Explode".” Consumerist, 30 Jan. 2007, consumerist.com/2007/01/30/why-pyrex-bowls-explode/.
• Pyrex Simply Store 6-Piece Round Glass Food Storage Set. Pyrex,