Essay on Patho Chap 1
Lee-Ellen C. Copstead
• What is pathophysiology?
• How are etiology and pathogenesis used to predict clinical manifestations and response to therapy?
• How are normal and abnormal physiologic parameters defined?
• What general factors affect the expression of disease in a particular person?
• What kinds of information about disease can be gained through understanding concepts of epidemiology?
• Review Questions and Answers
• Glossary (with audio pronunciations for selected terms)
• Case Studies
• Key Points Review
Pathophysiology derives from the intersection of two older, related disciplines: pathology (from pathos, …show more content…
Advances in genomic and epigenomic characterization, innovative technologies, and revolutionary approaches to the analysis of genetic variation and function have made studies and treatments possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. As a result, definitions of the living world have been virtually transformed and permeate every branch of biological science. Benefits of this new biology include a deeper understanding of evolution, greater insights into immune mechanisms, and nearly every advance against cancer and