Abraham 's The Price Of Freedom Essay
• Abraham Lincoln has gone down as one of the most prominent presidents in American History.
• Through his great leadership, he was able to guide America through a time marked by complete social upheaval and civil war.
• His assassination has been marked as one of the most historic events in American history.
• Before his inauguration, the Union was dissolving, and Lincoln was left with one choice to preserve this Country and the freedom it guarantees; his only option was to wage war with the rebellious South.
• Because of his relentless efforts towards a slave-free country, the future of the United States has been forever changed.
Paragraph One- The Life of Lincoln
• Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 in a one room log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky.
• His family moved to southern Indiana in 1816
• His birth mother, Nancy Lincoln passed away when Abraham was ten years old.
• His father, Thomas Lincoln, married Sarah Bush Johnston after his wife’s passing.
• Lincoln grew up in a poor family.
• Though Abe attended grammar school a few times, Lincoln was mostly self-taught.
• Lincoln had two siblings, an older sister named Sarah, and a younger brother named Thomas, who died in his infancy.
• In 1830, his family moved to Macon County in southern Illinois
• One of Abraham 's first jobs was working in on a flat boat, hauling freight down the Mississippi River to New Orleans.
• Since Abe was not legally an…