1. Outline current legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures within own UK Home Nation affecting the safeguarding of children and young people.
• Working together to safeguard children (2006-2010)
• Children act (2004)
• Education act(2002)
• Disability discrimination act (1995)
• Special education needs (SEN) couch practice (2000)
• Data protection information handling and sharing
2. Explain child protection within the wider concept of safeguarding children and young people.
This is when children are suffering from any form of abuse or neglect. It also involves protecting children and young people from maltreatment and preventing impairment of a child’s health and development by ensuring children are raised in positive circumstances by providing safe and caring environments. Parents or carers who fail to protect or care for their children could then be taken to court and the child be then removed from the home and placed into care.
Wider forms of safeguarding also include; CRB check, risk assessments, such as providing a safe environment inside and outside a school setting. Adhering to school policies, procedures and legislation i.e. health and safety, fire drills and missing children.
also Keeping up to date with training in safeguarding issues.
3. Analyse how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect day to day work with children and young people.
The Education Act 2002 poses a duty…
This essay offers to show how the different polices and legislations towards safeguarding children from abuse have evolved today. This essay will explore how the different ideas of policies are set into place and show how different policies go into different directions. From this it will show my knowledge and understandings of different events that have happened and made a development towards society. Showing from a historical perspective it will discuss how different acts have been set into…