Apple - Total Brand Management Essay
Apple Inc’s …show more content…
- Maximize synergies across a coherent brand portfolio.
- Strengthen the brand portfolio through innovation.
- Secure the brand through close relationships with customers and the trade.
- Apple is vertically integrated, designing its own operating system, software, and hardware, and selling these products through its own retail stores. To retain an edge in the highly competitive Personal Computer and Consumer Electronics markets, Apple's stated philosophy is to increase investment in research and development, as well as marketing and advertising to extend market position. Over the years, Apple Inc has introduced products like Newton, iMac, MacBook Pro to iPod and iPhone which has helped them build their brand. Apple’s baseline score for customer service was 77/100 and the Q2 2007 score was 83. It has been voted as one of the top ten companies in customer service.
- Apple decided to go for a brand and image overhaul. In the early 2007, the word ‘Computers’ was dropped from the company name to make in Apple Inc. This was done to draw attention to Apple’s diverse product portfolio. Also they started marketing individual product apart from the brand as a whole. Slogans like ‘iThink therefore iMac’ were used for promotion. The rainbow-colored silhouette of an apple with a bite taken out of it and currently the strictly monochrome logo is synonymous