Essay about Unit 1 Tefl
Task 1 – List 5 qualities that a ‘good’ teacher should have and give reasons for your choices. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why?
1. a good teacher should really love teaching because in my opinion you cannot be a good teacher if you do not like what you do.
2. a good teacher should be lively and entertaining because children do not like boring teachers, they need somebody who changes learning into pleasure. as my experience schooled children love games and it is one of the best way of encouraging them to take part in the lesson.
3. a good teacher is able to motivate learners as motivation is one of the most important aspects while learning. children who are well motivated are …show more content…
3. observer - teacher monitors what is going on in the classroom. it is important as teacher must know the improvement of the students and what needs to be revise.
4. model - teacher (native speaker) is the source of real, live English. it is important because sometimes it is the only way for the students to encounter foreign language with foreign accent. native speaker is also a good source of cultural information.
5. assessor - teacher gives feedback, correction, evaluates and grades. children want to know whether they make mistakes or not, as they want to improve their skills and try not to make the same mistake again.
Task 3 – List 5 qualities you would expect to find in a ‘good’ learner. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why?
1. a desire to learn - it is crucial to want to learn a language as if the students find learning language useless they simply don't want to take part in any activities and they don't want to study.
2. a willingness to ask questions - students must ask questions as it is the way of finding more information and also practise their speaking skills.
3. a willingness to listen to the language - listening to the language can improve not only listening but also speaking skills. it also