1. Hands on practice – can teach her how best to practice the essential skill in nursing. Knowledge of psycho social foundations, biological sciences improves effectiveness.
2. Different fields of nursing – an education in the field of nursing can provide a nurse with exposure to a variety of nursing specialties.
i. Development of specialist skills in the face of advancing technology. ii. Educational achievement in the outcomes of research iii. Nursing practice in the various settings like clinics, hospices, health centers, hospitals. iv. On-going education – Nurses can have update understanding of the latest advances in modern nursing theory to undertake more tasks and to take more responsibilities for their …show more content…
Scope of nursing practice – holistic care, client focus, flexibility in practice
5. Amplified or expanded practice – Clinical judgments are helpful to perform the nursing activities more effectively.
i. Extended practice – higher level of responsibilities and greater independence in practice nursing and the ability to critically reflect on practice. ii. Nurses are trained to practice in an emergency situation.
6. Delegation of nursing work – nurses can delegate the responsibilities to their subordinates to develop the knowledge, skills and attitude required for the competent performance. Higher education for nurses to be continued in partnership with the health sector.
7. Communication ability – effective communication skills will help to provide clear written and oral instructions to others.
8. Critical thinking ability – help to make a clinical judgment and management decisions that promote positive patient outcome.
9. Emotional stability – focused attention on task and monitoring own emotions are essential for nurse patient relationship.
10. Interpersonal skills – establish positive rapport with the client, coworkers, faculty and others effectively.
Challenges in Nursing …show more content…
From the existence and inception of nursing education, the nursing programs offered have been a direct reflection of social, political and economic developments and issues.
Nursing leaders and nurses have reacted to changing needs by present a several nursing programs.
Nursing education is a professional education meant to prepare nurses. Education is a purposeful process designed at the development of human beings. Aims of nursing education are harmonious development, inculcating right attitude, professional development, leadership development, social aim etc. Nursing education is a professional education; it is dynamic by its own nature with the emergence of new specialities.
Recent trends in nursing education include curriculum changes, innovations in teaching and learning, quality assurance, reliance on technology, emphasis on high tech high touch approach, uniformity, preparation of global nurses.
The sound philosophy of education is based on an adequate philosophy of life. Philosophy serves as source of objectives required by education. Education and philosophy respond to each other.
Philosophy of education is a perfect combination of philosophy of education and philosophy of