Questions On Digital Learning Technologies Essay
Digital learning technologies can enable students to grasp concepts more quickly. This is what the author is trying to explain in his article ”Clearing the Confusion between Technology Rich and Innovative Poor: Six Questions,” by Alan November the founder of November Learning. November talks about the value of the digital learning environment in a school through answering these six important questions:
1. Did the assignment build capacity for critical thinking on the web?
2. Did the assignment develop new lines of inquiry?
3. Are there opportunities for students to make their thinking visible?
4. Are there opportunities to broaden the perspective of the conversation with authentic audiences from around the world?
5. Is there an opportunity for students to create a contribution (purposeful work)?
6. Does the assignment demo “best in the world ”examples of content and skill? In the first Question “Did the assignment build capacity for critical thinking on the web?” November is asking the teachers to be aware of the research skills that lead to the high quality comparative search. As a result, the students will look carefully on their web assignments by choosing the right sources and evaluate the reliability of sources. The second Question is “Did the assignment develop new lines of inquiry?” When the teacher gives the students an assignment that contains some questions and asks them to do some search on the Internet looking for the answers. Students,…