Essay on Psy 315 Complete Class
PSY 315 (Statistical Reasoning in Psychology )Complete Class
PSY 315 Week 1 Research Statistics and Psychology Paper
Resources: Assigned readings, ERRs, the Internet, and other sources
Prepare a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you examine the role of research and statistics in the field of psychology.
Address the following items thoroughly:
• Define research and the scientific method (include an explanation of all five steps).
• Compare and contrast the characteristics of primary and secondary data.
• Explain the role of statistics in research. (Keep the focus within the field of psychology).
Format your …show more content…
• How effective are the pie charts that often accompany a newspaper article in explaining the statistics being used in the article?
• When might coefficient of variation be a better measure of dispersion than variance?
PSY 315 Week 3 Ch.2 and Ch.3 Practice Problems
Individual Assignment: Assignments from the Text
Resources: Statistics for Psychology
Prepare a written response, including answers, to the following assignments located in the text:
Ch. 2, Practice Problems: 11, 12, 13, 16, and 21
Ch. 3, Practice Problems: 14, 15, 22, and 25
Note.Methods of computation may include the usage of Excel, SPSS™, Lotus®, SAS®, Minitab®, or by-handcomputation.
Complete the Certificate of Originality Report and submit to the Assignments link as an attachment along with this assignment.
• What is the five-step process for hypothesis testing? Is the order important? Why or why not? Why do alphas differ among industries (businesses)? How do ethics affect your chosen level of significance? Can you not reject and reject the null hypothesis? Why or why not?
• What are some terms related to hypothesis testing that you are already familiar with? Why does a null and alternative hypothesis have to be mutually exclusive?
PSY 315 Week 4 Learning Team Hypothesis Testing PPP