• Muhammad became an orphan after the death of his mother when he was six years old and was raised by his uncle starting from age eight.
• In 594, Muhammad married Khadija bint Khawalayd, a wealth Meccan merchant that he was working for in his early twenties.
• An angel named Gabriel that called him to prophethood around 610 approached Muhammad.
• In 613, Muhammad began discussing his encounters with the angel to his tribe members.
• On June 8, 632 Muhammad died in the house of Aisha. His son in law and cousin, Ali reported that he had a death erection.
2. What items are prohibited in the Qu’ran?
• The items prohibited in the Qu’ran are carrion, blood, flesh of swine, and food that is offered to someone else other than Allah. In 6:121 of the Qu’ran, it explains what it is meant by eating food not offered to Allah in this quote, “Eat not of (meats) on which Allah 's Name has not been pronounced. This is, no doubt, digression from the path ordained by Allah." http://www.tolueislam.org/Parwez/QL/QL_10.htm
3. …show more content…
Find an audio link of the Qu’ran being recited. Listen to it, and describe your impression of it as you listen. http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ • The recitation of Quran in Arabic sounds melodious and gave me tingles that ran up and down my spine. The speakers soothing Arabic voice and normal pronunciation tempo makes it sound as if he is reciting a poem or singing a song.
4, List five facts about the text of the Qur’an