History Of Veterans Benefits Administration ( Vba ) Accounting Systems
1269 Words Oct 20th, 2016 6 Pages
• Regularly examine, certify and audit vouchers submitted for payments, and submit in Corporate WINRS in compliance with VA directives, regulations, policies and procedures for Regional Offices and FT. Harrison. (Previously for Anchorage, Hawaii and Reno from February 2015 through July 2015 due to VA realignment).
• Generate and authorize payments and other master records adjustments on the Benefits Deliver System (BDN) and Financial Accounting System (FAS) for Vocational Rehabilitation and Education (Ch.31) into Corporate WINRS.
• Consistently process vouchers for FT. Harrison that result a monthly average of $442,687.52 for FY16, where top priorities are for travel and direct reimbursement.
• Approve pertinent financial transactions initiated by co-workers to assure the appropriate separation of duties is in place and the financial integrity of the regional office is maintained and upheld. Authorize adjustments and payments, which generate a check or debt to a Veteran.
• Examine and approve special payments such as automobile adaptive grants, subsequent adaptive modifications, and Revolving Funds Loan (RFL) for accuracy before submitting to authorized Veterans and vendors.
• Research in Financial Management Systems (FMS) that includes dates of completed…