Environmental Resources Worksheet Essay
Environmental Resources Worksheet
Using the assigned readings for Week Four, write a 50- to 75-word response to each of the following questions. Your responses will be assessed according to the accuracy of the content.
1. How do minerals affect society? Minerals affect society in many different ways; for example salt is a mineral that is used every day to enhance the flavor of foods and it is also used to retain fluids while contributing to the replenishment of electrolytes. Another mineral such as Lignite is a form of coal that can be used for energy.
2. What is the difference between metallic and nonmetallic minerals? Provide two examples from each category and discuss their …show more content…
1. What is your definition of soil? What is soil composed of? Why is soil important to the environment? Soil is the outer most layer of the earth’s surface that contains nutrients that help plants and trees grow. Soil is composed of things that have decayed throughout the years (such as trees, plants, animals, etc.). Without soil trees and plants would not be able to flourish without the fundamental nutrients it contains. Without trees and plants there would not exists photosynthesis leaving us without oxygen.
3. What types of organisms are found in soil? Determine the relationship between soil and organisms. There are several organisms that are found within the soil; worms, beetles and bacteria. The relationship between soil and organisms is that they assist each other by providing a home and food while the other releases its nutrients. Soil provides foods for these organisms and in return the organisms release organic material that gives the soil nutrients.
4. What is soil erosion? How can soil become polluted? What effect does soil erosion and