Comparison Essay: Chicken Soup With Curry And Squash
Carbohydrates: 41 grams
1/2 yellow onion (sliced thinly)
2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
Kosher salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 pound Butternut squash (peeled and diced into large chunks)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cups of chicken stock
1 tablespoon thyme (minced)
1 tablespoon garlic (grated)
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can of tomato (diced)
1/2 pound sweet potato (peeled and diced into large chunks)
Black pepper (freshly ground)
1 can of coconut milk
Cooked chicken meat
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
6 green onions (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup coarsely toasted almonds (chopped) …show more content…
• Drizzle with the salt, pepper, olive oil, and chopped parsley.
• With your hands, toss the vegetables gently.
• Tuck garlic cloves into the tomato to prevent from burning.
• Oven-roast for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F; remove and cool.
• In a large pot, add the almond milk and tomato paste.
• Add the ingredients into the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Add water if the creamy soup gets too thick; season with pepper and a little salt to taste.
• Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tomato, Garlic and Bell Pepper Cold Soup
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
1/2 medium white onion
1 clove garlic
Lemon juice to taste
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper
4 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1/4 cup mango
• In a blender, add all the ingredients and puree; use a vegetable press to strain the cucumber pits and