Essay about Coca Cola Marketing Final
This paper is a comprehensive audit of Coca-Cola's marketing program and recommendations developed for future marketing plans. I provide recommendations for Coca-Cola's marketing efforts as well as product line enhancements, as Coca-Cola faces stiff competition and changing consumer tastes. These recommendations include:
• Pursuing a multi-pronged marketing strategy, including growth into geographic regions like Russia, China, and Turkey.
• Leverage the company assets by brand extension into water-based, slightly sweetened refreshment drinks to meet more health-conscious consumers.
• Diversify offerings outside the non-alcoholic beverage …show more content…
• Strategic relationships with sporting events and is the longest continuous sponsor of the Olympics. Coca-Cola has been a regular Olympic sponsor for 84 years and was the first soft-drink Olympic sponsor in 1928. For the 2012 Olympics in London, their campaign is called Move to the Beat. Coca-Cola also formed an early relationship with the United States military in World War II, offering every American soldier a bottle of Coca-Cola for 5 cents per bottle wherever that soldier was geographically located.
• Strong social responsibility. Coca-Cola has been listed number 2 on the list for top-rated companies for social responsibility. In addition, Coca-Cola is looking to differentiate itself and become the recognized global leader in corporate social responsibility and has recently launched an audit of labor practices throughout the Coke supply chain brand itself. They have developed the first ever plastic PET beverage bottles that are made partially of plants. They also have display cases that are 100% recyclable so that they are sustainable.
• Over the years, Coca-Cola has built a huge portfolio of products, many customized to the local market. Coca-Cola has also built the brand by innovating: the contour Coke bottle premiered in 1915 and is still available today. Coca-Cola