Essay on Bsop 429 Week 8
A+ Graded Tutorial Available At: http://hwsoloutions.com/?product=week-6-3 Visit Our website: http://hwsoloutions.com/
BSOP 429 WEEK 8,
BSOP 429 WEEK 8
Final Exam 1
Final Exam 2
1. The two different approaches to load work centers in job-shop scheduling are load charts and schedule charts.
Gantt charts and assignment method. infinite loading and finite loading. linear programming and makespan.
None of the above
2. The priority rule where jobs are processed according to the smallest ratio of due date to processing time is
3. A scheduling rule used for sequencing jobs through two work centers is the critical ratio rule. the Johnson’s rule. …show more content…
2. In an assignment method problem, if it takes Abe 3 hours to build a birdhouse and 4 hours for a doghouse, and Betty takes 4 hours for a birdhouse and 3 hours for a doghouse, what is the reduced cost (in hours) of assigning Betty to build the doghouse?
3. A major difference between manufacturing and service systems in terms of scheduling is variability in arrival and service rates. processing cost per unit. the number of units to be processed. length of processing time. output rate.
4. Scheduling in service systems may involve scheduling which of the following?
A and B
All of the above
5. The owner and operator of the local franchise of Handyman, Inc., has four jobs to do today, shown in the order they were received:
Job Processing Time (hrs) Due (hrs from now)
W 4 4
X 3 5
Y 2 2
Z 1 1
If he uses the earliest due date first (EDD) priority rule to schedule these jobs, what will be the average job tardiness?
6. Building up an inventory of standard parts or modules instead of immediately producing the finished end items is the essence of (Points