1. How long has the interviewee been employed by the agency? 11 years working at Mercy Hospital
2. What is their job description? A Mother/Baby delivery Social Worker work with doctors, nurses, and staff to make sure the patient’s needs are addressed so the Social Worker can make sure the child’s ongoing needs are addressed. As well as help with patients with physical, emotional, and financial stress. Complete psychosocial counseling to do a safe discharge and meet with family …show more content…
What is the pay scale for social work in their agency?
The starting salary for a Health Care Social Worker is 55,000.
9. What are the challenges they encounter in their job?
Patient education about adequate health care for them and the child. When Child protective services (CPS) becomes involved immediately people become defensive but she has to also stand on a middle line of supporting the parents but also making sure the child will be safe when discharged. paperwork can become a hassle after every patient that she counseling and intervenes with she has to document a lot of information by herself because she is the on Social Worker in that department.
10. What do they like/ dislike about their job?
She likes that it is a joyful time because the baby is born so she gets to celebrate with the family. But it can become difficult when there has been ongoing substance abuse, grieving, job loss and infant loss.
11. What other professionals do they work with and how do they