Essay on The Journey Of The Mississippi And Indianapolis

1115 Words Feb 19th, 2016 5 Pages
At a youth group, Merge at Grace Church in Hamilton County, mission trips are offered every year to the students. The data below represents the number of students who attended each trip by year (High School STT Participation, 2015). From 2008 until 2010, only the mission trip to Mississippi was offered. Once more trips were added, more students started to go on mission trips in general. From 2010 to 2011, the number of students who went on a mission trip in general jumped from 41 to 105. The overall trend of the Mississippi and Indianapolis is a downhill trend as more international trips are added throughout the years (with an exception to 2015, where more students were accepted to go due to another part of the trip being added) (High School STT Participation, 2015).
It is also important to look at the data not as specific numbers, but look more at the trends in each trip, since money and availability of trips plays a factor in attendance. Looking at 2014 gives one the best look at the typical options, since it is the year the most amount of options were available. When looking international and nation trips compared to Indy, it shows that when given more options, more students want to travel outside of Indiana, given that 22% chose the trip to Indianapolis while the other 78% chose elsewhere (High School STT Participation, 2015).
To further analyze the data, one must look at the number of students who attended the youth group, and the percentages of students who…

Related Documents