The Fashion Channel Essay
As preparation for discussing this case in class, students should be ready to respond to the following:
1. How would you interpret the consumer and market data if you were Dana Wheeler?
2. What is the expected outcome of each of the targeting scenarios? (Complete both the Ad Revenue and Financial calculators to fully understand the financial impact of the scenarios.)
3. Develop a factual analysis of the segmentation options, and evaluate the pros and cons of each.
4. If you were Dana Wheeler, what would you recommend and why?
5. Dana is filling the role of change agent in this organization. How should she manage the discussion and meeting …show more content…
Student Study Question 6
How is Ontario Zink’s senior management team likely to react to the Atlantic Bundle?
The Springfield Nor’easters: Maximizing Revenues in the Minor Leagues - Preparation for Class Discussion
Students should read the case and come to class prepared to discuss the following questions:
1. Evaluate the research survey undertaken by the League Sports Association and by Larry
Buckingham, Nor’easters’ marketing director. Consider each step in the process that led to the findings of the survey.
2. What do you consider to be the key findings of the research survey? Comment on what
Buckingham learned about a prospective customer profile, pricing, and single-ticket versus season-ticket packages.
3. What considerations should the Nor’easters take into account in establishing a pricing policy?
4. Design a ticket pricing plan for the Nor’easters’ first season. Be very specific, and be prepared to explain the assumptions—especially assumptions of cause and effect—that underlie your strategy. Should Buckingham offer more than one type of season package? How, if at all, should ticket pricing vary by package type? How, if at all, can Buckingham take advantage of consumer interest in grandstand seating?
5. Using the pricing plan you have designed and given Buckingham’s assumptions about concession sales, will the team reach breakeven in the first year?