2. (TCO 2) What event marked the beginning of World War II? (Points : 2) The Nazi-Soviet Pact. The German invasion of Poland. The Anschluss. Germany's annexation of the Sudetenland.
3. (TCO 2) What did the Nazi-Soviet pact accomplish for Germany? (Points : 2) It allowed the union of Austria and Germany. It allowed the union of …show more content…
10. (TCO 6) Literally, "the party of." This Muslim group, which accounts for approximately 14 percent of all Muslims, began as "the Party of Ali." They believe the legitimate successor to Muhammad was his cousin and son-in-law, Ali. This sect is predominant in Iran. (Points : 2) Sunni Muslims. Shiite Muslims. Sufi Muslims. None of the above.
11. (TCO 7) In which of the following periods of Soviet history did the Soviet Union achieve superpower status? (Points : 2) 1985-1992 1917-1928 1928-1939 1945-1989
12. (TCO 7) Which of the following was NOT a program initiated by Gorbachev after 1985? (Points : 2) Capitalist investment in Russia. Glasnost. Land ownership for the peasants. Perestroika.
13. (TCO 8) Al-Qaeda was organized to (Points : 2) destroy the World Trade Center. expel U.S. businesses and military power from Saudi Arabia. support the Taliban government. spread Islamic fundamentalism to Europe and the United States.
14. (TCO 9) Match the terms in Column I with the descriptions in Column II.
(Points : 12)
1 : dictator of Cuba from