Swot Analysis Of Blackberry
The word “Brand” owes its origin to the Norwegian word “brand” which means to burn. Farmers used to put some identification mark on the body of the livestock to distinguish their possession. Products are what companies make, but customers buy brands. Therefore marketers resorted to branding in order to distinguish their offeringsfrom similar products and services provided by their competitors. Additionally, it carries an inherent assurance to the customers that the quality of a purchase will be similar to earlier purchases of the same brand. A brand is a name, term, sign, symbol or design or a combination of one seller or a group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of competitors.
BRANDING …show more content…
One way in which RIM has been trying to be more competitive with Apple is with its offering of applications. Blackberry's App World has doubled its options to around 2,000 applications, however, still far behind the 50,000 that Apple has, but constantly gaining more …show more content…
It also has features from all other mobile products combined into the Samsung Galaxy.
• Compatible- The phone is very compatible and versatile and is able to work well with other parent products of Apple such as the iTunes and the Mac Computer and the Mac T. It is also compatible with many other software products and there is no limit into how far the upgrading can go. The new features that are compatible with Apple are limitless.
• Easy To Use- The brand new innovative touch is state of the art technology that is very easy to use. The touch features on the Samsung Galaxy is different than other touch products and is an upgrade compared to other products.
• Brand Image- Apple is a well known brand and is known for its other innovative products such as the iPod and the Mac Computer.
• Good Price- for $350 it has all of the combined smart phones into the Samsung Galaxy plus it has all the latest features and is more easy and accessible than other smart phones out there. It is a good value for the current price they are offering.
• Corporate Brand Image- The apple brand is not as receptive towards business people. It does not have a strong reputation such as the BlackBerry