Operating System Swot Analysis
There are many different types of Operating Systems that are developed for different reasons, the most common operating systems in desktop computers and laptops are Windows and Linux. The company has requested that I run comparison of Windows 7 and Linux 14, there functions, features, pros, cons and at the end give my overall opinion.
Windows 7 has incorporated new features make it more advance than Windows Vista but also make it more personal to the user. Windows 7 has a lot of features and functions similar to Windows Vista, however the ones that are unique to 7 are:
Action Centre- lets users have control of the message alerts they receive, this allows you to configure what …show more content…
When u plug an external device into a USB Port at the same time you see it in the computer page which shows all your drives when you click on device and printers the same devices will appear there as well.
Strengths & Weakness of Windows 7:
• Windows 7 is faster than its older versions, both in installation and boot up time.
• Windows 7 supports Virtual Hard Disks with the help of performances of multi core processors.
• Home networking is much easier than previous OS’s and is probably safe from hackers.
• The Default settings of User Account have been taken away, the main reason of this is to protect from unauthorized software being installed.
• Just buying Windows Operating Systems can be expensive.
• If a user has got a HP multifunction printer, and if the driver is being upgraded to the Windows 7, then the printer may not respond to the print commands.
• Windows has specific themes for the UK, Germany, Canada, Japan etc. So if the user is not from any of these countries and they wish to have a specific theme of his country, he will not be able to receive