Sample Example Of Diversity Plan
Target Audience: Administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents of Saucier Elementary.
Diversity Considerations/Issues Addressed`
The following diversity considerations were taken into account during the creation of this diversity plan:
• Identity of Self and Confidence
• Closing the Achievement Gap
• Factors Affecting Achievement
• Factors Affecting Discipline and Fixed/Growth Mindset
• Examining Personal Biases
• Socioeconomic Standing
The professional development, classroom, and …show more content…
o Greet parents and community members by name. o Communicate with parents and community members to determine how the school can facilitate family/community/school collaborations. o Encourage teachers to make regular positive contacts with parents regarding their students as a method to convey that the student and parents are a valued part of the school
• Objective 2: Recognize, respect, and address families ' class and cultural differences.
o Make information available in the native language of families and community members. o Listen to and take family and community concerns seriously, collaborating with families to generate reasonable solutions. o Provide families with opportunities to develop participation skills. o Recognize, understand, and include all members of diverse family structures in school events and communications.
• Objective 3: Create a philosophy of partnership between home and school where power and responsibility are shared.
o Create opportunities for meaningful involvement related to promoting educational excellence for