NT1310 Final Exam Review Essay
NT1310 Final Exam Review
1. What unit of measurement is a tenfold logarithmic ratio of power output to power input?
Answer: Decibels is a unit of measurement that describes logarithmic ratio
2. What type of tool would be best for add connectors to twisted-pair cable
3. If the tip wire in your pair is white/blue, what color would you expect the ring to be
4. How many pairs of wires are in a binder group?
5. What is added to fiber-optic cabling to provide additional support?
Answer: Nylon and Aluminum Coatings
6. What layer of the OSI reference model do routers work on?
Answer: Layer 3
7. What are examples of a makeshift tools?
Answer: Tennis Ball and Duct Tape …show more content…
21. What operates at Layer 2 of the OSI model and provides benefit of micro-LAN segmentation
22. In cabling topologies, both the bus and ring topologies are not fault-tolerant—a single fault can bring down the entire network (True or False)
23. For Ethernet networking, crossover cords can connect two PCs directly without any intermediate network equipment (True or False)
24. What is the operating frequency of the 100BaseT Ethernet LAN SYSTEM?
25. which of the following terms is used to describe the premature degrade of a signal and data lost? This signal can be measured in decibels.
26. If a network cabling system is properly installed and tested, the fact that damage can occur to a cable, jack, or patch-panel connection can be discounted (True or False)?
27. When you plan a network installation, the amount of cable you allow for is always an estimate. How much amount of cable ends up as trash?
Answer: 10 – 30%
28. The subnet mask for a CIDR of /14 is?
29. What is an uplink port?
Answer: is a link between switches
30. What is the help command in the CISCO IOS?
31. The cable used to connect to the console port is called a what?
Answer: Rollover Cable
32. Serial interfaces on a