Leg 500 Week 11 Final Exam Essay
I. It was not until the 1840s that legal doctrines protecting speech when offensive began to be recognized by the courts.
II. In the First National Bank v. Bellotti case, the Supreme Court struck down a state law prohibiting a corporation to advertise to influence voters on issues that did not “materially affect” its business.
III. In the Virginia Board case, the U.S. Supreme Court failed to link the “right to receive information and ideas” with the traditional values that underlie free speech. …show more content…
7. Branding and advertising are really the same thing and should be used interchangeably. Each is about making sure that consumers recognize a product and have a favorable opinion of it.
8. Of product promotion techniques, which is the most influential according to author Naomi Klein?
d. Word-of –mouth promotion
9. In the case of IMS Health, Inc., et. al. v. Kelly Ayotte, Attorney General of New Hampshire, what is involved in “detailing” a drug?
10. According to District Judge Barbadora in the case of IMS Health, Inc., et al v. Kelly Ayotte, Attorney General of New Hampshire, is the Prescription Information Law more extensive than necessary to serve the State’s interests? Explain your
11. What forms can deceptive advertising claims take?
12. Discuss some of the ways the FTC is investigating deceptive trade practices involving the Internet.
13. What is the Lanham Act? To succeed in suit under the Lanham Act, what must a plaintiff prove?
14. Discuss some actions the advertising industry has established for self-regulation.
15. Direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs began in the late 1980’s to early 1990’s. Based on the information in the Norplant case in the text,