Intrinsic reward practices include (11).
• Non-monetary forms of recognition to identify attainment of goals for quality improvement.
• Celebrations in respect of recognition of achieving set objectives, (e.g.) dinners and special events.
• Regular expressions of appreciation by management. It is essential to an employee to be told and recognized the work performed. It reinforces psychological factors of the employees.
• 360⁰degree performance appraisals from internal (co-workers management) and external (customers).
• Quality based promotions- promotions when achievement of organization’s set objectives.
Intrinsic motivational characteristics are namely: role clarity, participation in decision-making, skill variety, autonomy, feedback and training (12). All these contribute significantly to the development of intrinsic rewards and will encourage employee motivation and commitment to the organization (12). Intrinsic incentives appeal to motivation mechanism of self-regulation …show more content…
They are concepts that should in essence boost employee morale, values and attitudes towards their work. Reward systems based on the changing needs of employees seem to be more effective at influencing motivation, commitment and quality work performance. Ideally studies have shown that money is not the only motivator (). Rewards have to bring change to the organizational culture of an organization, and in order for organizations to constantly improve organizations should stop rewarding old behaviour and focus in the culture change. With the numerous amounts of reward systems used by organizations, is of paramount importance to any organization to grasp the concept that an employee that has attained job satisfaction will perform. Rewards systems objectives with in any organization is for the reward systems to retain skilled, motivated and high performing