Indian Breakfast Essay
Considered as the most important meal of the day, breakfast is the meal consumed in the mornings after a night’s sleep. It is the amalgamation of two words literally meaning breaking (break) the fast undertaken during sleep (fast).
Carbohydrates are an important source of nutrition in most breakfast preparations all over the world, and the same holds true even for Indian breakfasts. It is a vital element in the dish preparation, another important attribute to the dish preparation is the climatic conditions of the region and the easy availability of ingredients. Through the article we will be covering the most popular breakfast dishes all across India.
One of the most staple and popular breakfast dishes in the Norther …show more content…
• Roast the paratha till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
Preparation of Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Paratha
Prep Time for Dough: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes per paratha
Ingredients for Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Paratha:
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 to 2 tsp oil or ghee
• ½ tsp salt or as required
• Water as required for kneading the dough
• Oil or ghee for roasting, as required
• 250 gms Paneer(Cottage Cheese)
• 1-2 green chilly
• ½ tsp red chili powder
• ½ tsp garam masala powder
• 1 tsp dry mango powder
Preparing the Dough
• Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour in a bowl.
• Add 2 tsp oil or ghee(clarified butter) to the whole wheat flour
• Add ½ tsp of salt
• Knead the mixture into a soft dough using water.
• Add oil/ghee (clarified butter) to the dough and continue kneading.
• Once the dough is prepared, keep aside for five minutes.
Preparing Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Stuffing
• Grate 250 grams of paneer.
• Add the chopped green chilies, garam masala powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder and salt in the above mentioned quantities to the mashed