Environmental Effects Of Overpopulation

1937 Words 8 Pages
Abstract

Overpopulation is an unwanted condition where the number of existing individuals population exceeds earth capacity. Overpopulation is caused by several factors. Decline in death rate, better medical facilities, more hands in fighting Poverty, technological progress in fertility treatment, immigration, lack of family planning are few of the causes which results in overpopulation. Growing population with each coming year has affected humanity in many ways. One of these has been loss of fresh water, another direct affect of this has been decreased life expectancy and depletion of natural resources.
In fact, the global population has grown from 1 billion in 1800 to 7 billion in 2012. As the growing world population increase there will
…show more content…
On the other hand, we can consider several advantages for overpopulation around the word such as industrial, medical, and agricultural improvement, economic growth and adding …show more content…
Currently, overpopulation it increases more than the ten past years and the scientists expected it will increase more in the next two years. In this report we will describe the effects of the overpopulation.
The first effect of the overpopulation is the loss of fresh water 75% of planet Earth is covered in water. 97.5% of that is sea and 2.5% is fresh water. 70% of freshwater is divided into glaciers and ice caps and the remaining 30% into land surface water, such as rivers, lakes, and groundwater. More than half of the world population will be facing water-based vulnerability and freshwater.
The second effect is Lower Life Expectancy in the Fastest Growing Countries, the overpopulation in these countries wills injustice many people and they will live in the poverty. It also cause of the rapid increase in human diseases. (Internet resource3)
The third effect is depletion of natural resources, human nature works on the exploitation of resources for the construction progress and civilization, but the excessive exploitation of these resources are wrong ways which led to ecological imbalance. (Internet

Related Documents