Diversity Pl A Safe, Accepting, And Successful Learning Environment
Target Audience: Administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents of Saucier Elementary.
Diversity Considerations/Issues Addressed`
The following diversity considerations were taken into account during the creation of this diversity plan:
• Identity of Self and Confidence
• Closing the Achievement Gap
• Factors Affecting Achievement
• Factors Affecting Discipline and Fixed/Growth Mindset
• Examining Personal Biases
• Socioeconomic Standing
The professional development, classroom, and parent involvement activities found within this plan either directly or indirectly address these issues.
Saucier Elementary Diversity Plan
Goal 1: Increase and strengthen cultural consciousness and diversity while garnering a deeper understanding of self-identity.
• Objective 1: Provide professional development opportunities that include diversity rich content to raise sociocultural consciousness essential to the teaching and learning experience. Through these activities, the faculty and staff will: o explore and understand how students’ race, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, and language barriers might be affect students’ learning and behavior; o examine how personal beliefs and subconscious biases affect…