Cyber Security Accomplishments
• Developed the agency’s IT risk management plan based on combatant requirements.
• Authored the agency’s cyber security manual which was used by the Army Cyber command as a foundational document
• Successfully redesigned the army’s enterprise management system for Communication Security Management …show more content…
Developed enterprise-wide guidelines on how to best apply technology standards in creating business applications or best business practices. .
• Served as a senior expert in the field of cyber security, direct the day to day agency implementation of a government-wide cyber security defense strategy. Provide authoritative advice and guidance to top agency management officials on integrating cyber security initiatives with key mission-critical programs. Advise IT experts throughout the agency and its subcommands on a variety of cyber security issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, or standards.
• Successfully manage a cyber security effort with programmatic control over 400 personnel and 70,000 endpoints and servers; had the lowest intrusion rate or incident in the Army while having the largest base of computers in the Army. Successfully implemented a Deep Packet Inspection Firewall, hardware tokens, mobile data protection, converged desktop security, data at rest encryption and radio frequency identification for tracking and …show more content…
Developed several applications (Logistics Situational Picture) that will allow the Army to track independent pieces of C4ISR equipment (5 million) as one system (this has Army Senior leadership visibility)
• Successfully implemented a SharePoint initiative for the command. Developed fielding strategy and customer support services. Developed training plan for SharePoint designers and power users
• Developed and implemented the Agency’s first Privacy Assurance program, appointed subordinate Privacy Officials, established PII training, developed command policy, developed incident tracking system, successfully increased staff to support evolving requirements and implemented several technical solutions.
• Successfully developed the agency’s COOP IT plan to support worldwide operations. Implementing hot backup site for command data and e-mail.
• Served as the senior representative to several General Officer Steering Groups on Army Information Technology and Architecture. Significant impact on the architecture and the Army’s enterprise approach in the implementation of my commands business model. Refining my commands position on Standard Service Agreements as the Army centralized IT