Community and Family Studies - Preliminary Study Notes Essay
- Wellbeing is the condition or state of a human being, animal or plant. There are five types of wellbeing… * Physical wellbeing: This is a person’s physical condition, including their appearance and their internal health. * Socioemotional wellbeing: Social wellbeing involves a person’s relationships with others and how that person communicates, interacts and socialises. Emotional wellbeing relates to a person’s state of mind, emotions or mental health. * Economic wellbeing: This concerns the financial situation that a person finds themself in. Economic wellbeing (on both a personal level and a community level) is important in maintaining the other areas of wellbeing as most …show more content…
- There are two different types of communication: verbal (spoken, written or sign) and non-verbal (facial expressions, gestures, tone, etc.)
- The three basic styles of communication are assertive, aggressive and passive. A person may use a different style depending on the situation and who they are talking to.
- Effective communication is achieved through the receiving and sending of messages.
- There are five decision-making styles: impulsive, intuitive, hesitant, confident, and rational.
- Impulsive decision-making is where a person rushes into decisions without considering the alternatives and their consequences first.
- Intuitive decision-making is when a person goes with their “gut feeling”.
- Hesitant decision-making occurs when a person is very indecisiveness to the extent that they sometimes avoid making a decision altogether.
- Confident decision-making is where an individual believes in their ability to make good decisions and is independent in their process.
- Rational decision-making occurs after a person gathers the appropriate information and considers all possible outcomes. They avoid letting their emotions influence their choice.
- Factors influencing decision-making include an individual’s access to resources, their past experiences and personal