Business Law 531 Final Exam New Assignments Essay
1. Ann is troubled with the noise from an old generator set up by her neighbor Jose at his residence. The noise the generator makes is unbearable. Ann sues Jose for nuisance. Will she succeed?
a) Yes, because the noise is interfering with Ann’s use and enjoyment of the land.
b) No, because the generator is not on her property.
c) No, because she cannot interfere with Jose’s personal matters.
d) No, because it is a reasonable noise.
2. Which of the following is likely to be forbidden by Title VII?
a) Discrimination against a woman solely because she is a lesbian.
b) Discrimination against a man solely because of his gender.
c) Discrimination against a black woman solely because of her religion.
d) …show more content…
Complete paper here LAW 531 Complete Course
5. To prove his or her due diligence defense under the Securities Act Section 11 with regard to audited financial statements, an officer of the issuer must prove which of the following?
a) The officer had no intent to misstate or omit a material fact in the audited financial statements.
b) The officer had no reason to believe the financial statements omitted or misstated a material fact.
c) The officer made a reasonable investigation into the accuracy of the audited financial statements.
d) The officer believed the financial statements did not omit or misstate a material fact.
6. _________ is the plaintiff’s voluntary consent to a known danger.
a) Negligence per se
b) Comparative negligence
c) Assumption of risk
d) Contributory negligence
University of Phoenix LAW 531 Final Exam Guide LAW 531 Final Exam
7. Calvin tells Sara that he will sell her his car for $5,000. Sara agrees. The exchange is to take place in 10 days. The contract between Calvin and Sara is now _____.
a) bilateral, executory, and implied
b) bilateral, executed, and voidable
c) unilateral, executory, and valid
d) bilateral, executory, and express
8. Which of the following is true about a sole proprietorship?