Buyers were not ready to implement a forecast based system and found that it would be a liability and they fear that Barilla will influence into their business decisions.
Environment & Root cause analysis
1. Buyers are not ready to buy this idea and consider it as worthless.
2. Some buyers find this practice is not safe as they are passing their information to manufacturer.
3. Buyers do find it difficult to implement due to lack of technical resources, systems to generate forecast.
4. Not a lucrative offer to implement for byers (distributors).
Alternatives & Options
1. Address this issue internally by convening sales force and protect their interest. Sales force can turn the table around if the talk positively.
2. Push this implementation for top management.
3. Engage with other small distributors to create a prototype scenario.
4. Engage with chain stores to provide this information.
Barilla CEO M. Manfredi should be convinced and should push this plan via sales force to promote this idea. An internal consensus should be develop before approaching customers.
A detailed multilevel plan should be developed to target buyers based on the capability and interest.
A concrete reward program should be presented to buyer who joins the program.
Government and private sector should be involved to