Parvata Asana Study Guide
28. Now breathe out and lift your hips upward while keeping neck and head in between hands.
29. Now lift thighs and back collectively upwards.
30. Bend your head down in such a way that eyesight should be towards your naval as shown in picture.
• Ashvasanchalan Asana - Reverse 4525
31. Now bend down and take slowly your hands on both sides of chest while maintaining body balance with your both palms on the ground.
32. Now move slowly left foot and take it backward so that it stretches to its maximum straight touching ground only with inverted toes while right knee will bend in such a way that it will be facing to your face without any change in position of right foot. The heel of right …show more content…
Now bend back also backward as much as possible as shown in picture.
• Namaskar Asana - Reverse 4523
43. Now move back to sun facing position while normal breathing.
44. Make heels, toes and knee should be close together from side to side.
45. Make join your hands side by side with fingers facing chin.
46. Now bring joined hand saluted pose close to centre of chest as shown in picture.
Surya Namaskar postures are energising, meditative and relaxing. The whole body feels energised.
It revitalize stomach, small intestine, heart and lungs.
It Provides flexibility to back and spine, smoothens blood circulation ,prevents hair greying, hair fall , dandruff and enhances overall hair growth
It keeps skin ailments, stress, anxiety, lethargy and depression at bay.
It stabilises the hormonal secretion and infuses mental and physical freshness leading to happiness.
If one is ill or sick, it should not be done.
It should be done under supervision of experience yoga teacher.
It should be done in relaxed environment.
It should be done in earliest part of the day preferably at the dawn of the day(sunrise).
Empty stomach is recommended.
Avoid any jerk or force during or in assuming any pose.
B. CHANDRA …show more content…
Moon is one of the Hindu Gods since ancient times. Hindu philosophy treats all components of nature with great regard as they believe that each component contributes in the welfare of human being. According to ancient Indian text moon is the source of immortality. Moon is never been same in fixed phase. It changes daily. It’s different phases have varying impacts on the earth.
Although, the Chandra Namaskar can be done at any time, but as the name suggests it is most effective when done in moon-night.
There is a rule of yoga that its practices should be done with empty stomach.
The Chandra namaskar is sequence of fourteen Asanas. The fourteen Asanas of Chandra Namaskar are related to it’s fourteen lunar phases.
• Namaskar Asana 4523
1. On moonrise, choose a clean outdoor place
2. Now stand straight facing sun in happy and relaxed mood.
3. While standing take care that feet should be in attentive position with least distance between two foots and no bending of knees.
4. Foots should be positioned side to side
5. Now join your hands in saluted pose.
6. Now bring saluted hands close to centre of chest with fingers pointing towards your face as shown in picture.
• Hasta Uttanasana - (2 nd Cyclic Movement) 4520
1. Bring the arms to shoulder width apart.
2. Bring them over head and raise the torso with spine straight.
3. Bend backward slowly
4. Inhale air